Friday, December 3, 2010

Idiot! Mayor Rob Ford defends G20 police

 Rob Ford defends G20 police

Mayor Rob Ford started his second day at the helm of Canada's largest city on the radio.




Ford was on AM640 - the talk radio station he's been going on for seven years - speaking to host John Oakley and taking calls from listeners.



Ford defended his vow to put the brakes on Transit City and dismissed the notion canceling contracts could have huge costs saying contracted businesses would be more than willing to work through changes to ensure more lucrative contracts for subway building.



The new mayor - who took office Wednesday - also defended Toronto Police for their actions during the G20.



"I think the police do a good job," Ford said, adding he wouldn't interfere with the Special Investigations Unit investigating complaints into police brutality during the summit. "Personally, if you didn't want to be down there, then you shouldn't have been down there. I didn't take my family out when there is a riot downtown."



"I have very little sympathy for the people who were down there and I support our police."



Ford repeated his commitment to keep returning calls personally.



"For me to personally talk to you it might take a few days, customer service is number one, I have to lead by example," Ford said.