Saturday, October 31, 2009

Is Google Security aware of this?

The following is an email I sent to Google this week. As you can see, I have been trying to get their Security Division's attention in relation to a piece of spam going around claiming to be from the Google security team itself. Google appears to be uninterested as I have not received an automated response with a ticket code in relation to this case. I am putting the email statement up on my blog, not the actual spam message itself because that would be a violation of terms of service for a blogger. Hopefully someone from Google will read this and get back to me by email at msdogfood@hotmail.com. Also, anyone else who has received this email can get back to me at the same address to compare notes. Everyone should read my email statement to Google Security below.


Hello Are you aware there is a spam email going around with the following subject line: "Subject: Security Code Number: GUK/4532345G"? The content of the message is that I was winner of some prize from Google. I know you don't do contests like that and the reason why I am emailing you at the Security Division is due to the subject line. The good news is that at least the Hotmail spam filter recognized this as a piece of spam. I have the entire raw message including all of the header data and would be happy to send it to you if you require it. You can reach me at: msdogfood@hotmail.com Best regards