Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Can I find a donor list to political parties?.

Hello




Is there any public record of large donors such as companies to political parties? If you tell me to look at the Elections Canada webpage I have already been there. It looks like they have a database but I'm not sure how to use it. It is not the most intuitive database I have ever met. Although I am interested in all large contributions to political parties, at the moment I am interested in specifically finding out if there have been any large donations to the Conservative Party of Canada on behalf of the defence industry. I am mostly interested in Lockheed Martin as it may go to partly explain why they were the single source contract for the new fighter jets to replace the CF18's. If I recall correctly, there was a maintenance contract that was exclusively sourced to Boeing in 2006 to refurbish and upgrade the current CF18's. If that's true, why replace with new Lockheed equipment except for quid pro quo agreements? I need links and background.



Thanks

Send info to
 
msdogfood@hotmail.com 
 
or this.