Wednesday, September 3, 2008

So, we have an election Oct. 14/08. How fun!!!!

For the record, just because I have a blogger tag called conservative party of Canada, doesn't mean I love them. In fact my perspective of them would have more in common with a metaphor, a wolf in sheeps clothing and the wolf and I certainly do not get along. According to the latest poll, they are going to get a majority government in which case I will not be pleased. There is a reason why they have not been in power in the last 15 years. They are usually a bunch of hot-heads who believe in 19th century values such as pro-life, but due to the ruling by the Supreme Court of Canada in 1988, they havn't been able to fulfil that dream. They also have no plans for improving the environment but that is not surprising as some of their biggest donors are big oil companies. The party is also known for some very obvious political theatrics. Most recently, P.M. Harper was photographed taking one of his kids to school after the summer break. It is a nice thing for a dad to do and I am not attacking that, however, if you're trying to play up your family values which is what the religious right lives for, then it was a wonderful photo-op. By the look on the child's face, he was not pleased to see the cameras. You can tell by the tone of this blog, I am not a fan of the conservatives. I never have been and most likely, never will be. I will slam the the conservatives and throw my support behind any other party in Canada but I will never tell you which one.